Conditions of Sale
The Conditions of Sale of tickets from the Centre’s Box Office are outlined below.
Please check the date and time on your ticket.
- Tickets are sold on behalf of the organisation responsible for presenting the event and are subject to the conditions applicable to that event and/or the venue where held.
- No refunds or exchanges except in accordance with the Entertainment Industry Code of Fair Practice.
- The right is reserved to vary advertised programs and to add, withdraw or substitute artists, prices and seating arrangments.
- The right of admission is reserved and is subject to the venue's Terms and Conditions which can be found at the entrance to each Foyer
- The right is reserved to charge a fee for the replacement of lost tickets.
- Entry may be refused if the venue is unable to verify the authenticity of the ticket, for example if the ticket has been damaged or defaced in any way.
- Latecomers may only be admitted at the discretion of venue staff at a convenient break in the program so as not to cause disruption to performers or patrons.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- You must retain your ticket at all times whilst at the venue.
- Tickets must not be resold or offered for resale without the prior written consent of Townsville Entertainment & Convention Centre.
- The use of cameras is strictly prohibited unless otherwise stated in event advertising and/or venue signage.
- The use of video or audio recording equipment is strictly prohibited.
- Patrons will not be permitted to bring alcohol, food or other beverages onto venue premises.
- Patrons will only be permitted to smoke in the Designated Outdoor Smoking Areas, as determined by management.
- Townsville Entertainment & Convention Centre will not be responsible for any injury from or damage other than injury from or damage casued by the negligent acts or omissions of the Townsville Entertainment & Convention Centre.
Exchange and Refund Policy
All transactions are final. No refunds or exchanges except in accordance with the Entertainment Industry Code of Fair Practice.
Method of Payment
Tickets purchased online must be paid for by credit card. Visa, Mastercard and American Express are accepted.
Tickets purchased over the counter from the Centre’s Box Office can be paid for by cash, credit card, EFTPOS, money order or cheque. Cheques will only be accepted up to 10 days prior to the event.
Ticket Delivery and/or Collection
Purchasers of tickets online have two options for the delivery of tickets with an allocated seat.
Tickets can be posted to the purchaser up to 10 days prior to the event. After this time, the tickets must be collected from the Centre’s box office. In this case, the purchaser or nominated collection agent must present photo ID to obtain tickets.
Alternatively, tickets can be held at the Centre’s Box Office for collection and not posted out. Photo ID will be required as above.
General admission tickets, ie. where there isn’t an allocated seat, purchased online will be held at the Centre’s Box Office for collection. The purchaser or nominated collection agent must present photo identification to obtain tickets.
Student and Concession tickets will need to be collected from the Centre’s Box Office. The relevant Student ID or Concession Card will then also need to be shown to Box Office staff at the time of collection to secure the discounted ticket rate.
Lost or Stolen Tickets
Please report lost or stolen tickets to the Box Office as soon as possible. The Box Office will issue duplicate tickets for allocated seating only and a reprint fee will apply. Duplicate tickets will be issued from the Box Office from one hour prior to the event.