The Centre has seven food and beverage outlets throughout the venue, two located in the Auditorium, two in the Queensland Foyer and three in the Forecourt located at the front of the venue. These outlets will open, if consistent with the nature of the event, and sell coffee, cold drinks, confectionery, ice-creams and a limited selection of hot foods. In addition to the above mentioned outlets, one bar is located in the Magnetic Room and is often used as a corporate or pre-event area.
Liquor license restrictions permit alcohol consumption within the Centre and in the Forecourt at the entrance to the building only. Alcohol is not permitted to leave the building under any circumstances. The Centre promotes the responsible service of alcohol.
The Centre is a non-smoking venue. In accordance with Queensland Government policy, smoking is permitted only in the Designated Outdoor Smoking Areas, located at the front of the building. Patrons caught smoking outside a designated area may be subject to on the spot fines.
- A public payphone is located in the Queensland Foyer.
- An ATM is located in the Queensland Foyer.
- St John Ambulance attendants are available in the First Aid Room located in the Queensland Foyer during all major events.
- Toilets are located in the Queensland Foyer and in the Auditorium at crossover aisle level. The latter will only be available during events utilizing an in the round mode, such as basketball for example.
- A Parents Room is located in the Queensland Foyer.
- Facilities for persons with disabilities are detailed in a separate section below.
Located at the main entrance to the Centre, the Box Office is open Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 4.30pm with extended hours on event days. Alternatively, tickets can be purchased through Online Ticketing or the Dial ‘n Charge system on (07) 4771 4000.
The Townsville Entertainment & Convention Centre Box Office operates under the guidelines of the Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment in Australia, as set out by the Australian Entertainment Industry Association. To obtain a copy of the Code of Practice please contact the Box Office on (07) 4771 4000 or visit www.aeia.org.au
What To Leave At Home
For the comfort and safety of patrons and players or entertainers, the following items are not permitted into the Centre:
- Commercially produced food
- Animals other than service animals, ie. seeing eye dogs
- Any item that could be used as a weapon
- Audio recorders
- Video cameras
- Helium balloons
- Glass items
- Musical instruments and/or amplification equipment
- Unauthorised advertising materials or flyers
- Laser pointers
- Distress signals
- Whistles or loud hailers
- Dangerous goods
Prams and strollers are not permitted in seating areas and may be left in the Centre’s Administration office. Please see the Box Office staff for access.
Occasionally entertainers make special requests regarding items not permitted into the Auditorium and these requests will be communicated on signage at entry doors to the Auditorium on the event day.
The Townsville Entertainment & Convention Centre is adjacent to the five-star Jupiters Townsville Hotel & Casino. For bookings please contact Jupiters Townsville on (07) 4722 2333. The Centre is within walking distance of the central business district and many other accommodation houses operated by major hotel chains.
- A range of public transport options are available in Townsville, from buses, taxis to hire vehicles.
- More than 600 car park spaces are available surrounding the Centre, including disabled bays.
- Coach parking is available providing easy access for large groups.
- The Centre is located only 10 minutes from the Townsville Domestic Airport, which has taxis and car hire options on site.
- A taxi rank is also located close by at Jupiters Townsville Hotel & Casino, and is serviced by all the taxi companies in the area.
- Shuttle buses operate from the CBD and return for most major events. Please contact the Centre for details.
Facilities for Persons with Disabilities
- Parking bays for people with disabilities are located in the car park at the front of the Centre and on Entertainment Drive adjacent to the Centre. Concrete paths to the main entrance are available from both car parks.
- A drop off area with ramp access to the curb is located at the front entrance to the Centre.
- Access into the Centre is through the Queensland Foyer at the front of the Centre.
- Ramp access to the Auditorium is available through Door One and Door Five. Please present your tickets to the Ticket Collectors on these doors for further directions.
- Toilets for people with disabilities are located in the Queensland Foyer. Toilets are clearly signed.
Nowhere in the world will you find the fascinating diversity of tropical North Queensland. In just hours you can move from lush rainforests to the Great Barrier Reef, or from a luxurious tropical island resort to a cattle camp in Australia’s outback.
Townsville is a vibrant city which has the very best of everything... excellent accommodation, exciting shopping, a casino, an abundance of cruises, tours and attractions, and the North's best theatres and restaurants. Beautiful Magnetic Island is just 20 minutes away by ferry, while day trips explore more remote islands and the Great Barrier Reef.
For more information about our region please visit www.townsvilleonline.com.au
Back to Top